September 9, 2011

what the hell are we doing?



There we were - working away in Dublin, having what should have been the time of our lives.  And we were.  But all of a sudden it felt like there should be something *else*.  Not sure what that was, the only solution that sprung to mind was to go travelling and try and figure out what that something else was. Ha, not even stepped on a plane and already sounding like a hippy.  Gas.

The decision to go travelling was something that was made very quickly but not easily.  I loved my job; loved my apartment; loved my friends; loved my social life.... did I really want to give it all up?  I decided the best thing to do was rip the plaster off before I was able to re-stick it.  Deciding on a Monday night in bed, I handed in my notice on Tuesday.

What now?

Once the decision was made, that wasn't the end of me wondering if I was doing the right thing.  Oh no.  I spent hours lying awake in bed going through the reasons I should stay and why I should go.  At the end of the day I came to the conclusion, and this is going to be really deep...... why not?

Now all that was left to do was plan the type of trip I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment